Thread: Sulley your car on eBay?

Pole Position Member

Sulley your car on eBay?

Sulley
    Just pulled up eBay and saw what looks like your car there...

Good luck on the sale if it's yours.

If you are testing the market, it may be a valuable data point for the rest of us for value.

I know I would have a tough time picking the right value for insurance for mine when it is done.

Dan

Yes I did list it on there. I don't want to sell it. My wife totaled our car. We've had it since 2006 and it was a 2005 and planned on driving it til it dropped. It was paid for and the insurance based on depreciation doesn't really replace it. So I'm going to see if I can get enough out of it and if so will put toward her replacement car. I don't know what it will get to but I have a reserve on it.

Pole Position Member
    Looks like bids are still going up. Hope it brings what you want.
    Dan

Well the auction ended above my reserve price but not what I was hoping for. But the buyer is awol. No deposit, no response, phone disconnected.

Pole Position Member
    I noticed the flurry of last minute bidding by two bidders with almost no feedback. I was concerned that they were a sham. A friend had the same experience on eBay selling a car. It languished below his reserve until just before the auction ended, then two low feedback bidders drove the price way up (price was way more than the car was worth - even he acknowledged this)...after it was over, just like your winner, the bidders were both AWOL. He advised eBay and they admitted to having problems with these guys. When they track them down, they merely open a new account and continue the same process. They offered to refund his listing fee and re-list it for no charge...he sold it locally to avoid the problem.

I really don't want to sell it so maybe it is just a sign that I should keep it!

So the buyer never replied to me or ebay. Ebay credited my listing fee. So I met with a restoration/fabrication shop to discuss a complete tear down and what I describe as a 'resto mod' to the Manta Mirage. I've been inspired by many of you fellow Manta car owners and what you have done. I like modern components so I'm going to continue to work on specing out a budget and scope of work for the Manta Mirage.

Excellent idea. Wished I were around to help.

If you want to help on my project I'll send you a plane ticket!