PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Sulley
06-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Hello my name is Ken and I am new on the site. I'm from Atlanta and I own a 1985 Manta Mirage. I'm glad to be here and hope to learn as much as I can from those who have gone before me!

Ken Walsh
07-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Ken........ This is "another Ken", from Santa Rosa Beach, FL..... I think I have registered without a problem. I have noticed, however, the text in my replies seem to be dropping letters.....

Great looking site. Are you in "Beta Testing" or is the site fully operational. Have you and David Savage talked about formally ending the Yahoo community, and fully migrating this site?

Now I'm getting a lot of "dropped letters" in my postings. I'm doing a lot of backspacing and retyping to make my posting readable. An example: This is the same paragraph as the sentences directly above, without my manual corrections:

Now I'm gettig lot of"dropped ltters I my postin. I'm ding a loofbackspacing and rtping to makemy posting readable. An xamle: his is te same pagraph as thesentecesdirecty aboe,without my manual corrctios.

Sulley
07-21-2014, 08:15 PM
Hey Ken - great name, you must be a smart good looking guy with a name like that!

Hey BlueOval was having a similar issue. Here is what he did:

Another test and this appears to very affirmatively identify a solution to the (at least my) problem. From my home computer, I submitted the previous (above) post, and had not yet changed the Compatibility Settings, and immediately I was getting an "enter" or spacebar key automatically with each character I tried to type. When I finally got back to the top where I started, I tried again to type, but as usual, it was omitting characters and slowing down. I immediately set this site into my Compatibility Settings and then found I had to re-logon, and noticed the login boxes were in a different location, and that the typing issues no longer existed. I believe this should fix the issues if others see it.

All of this was found completely by accident from something IT did for my work computer to allow me to get into a work-related site that was not loading the menu items correctly. I decided to experiment with the same solution for this issue as well, and it appears to have been a consistent fix for two completely different systems.

The site is operational but I'm sure there will be adjustments and upgrades along the way. Dave doesn't intend to end the Yahoo site. It does have a lot of information. I just have a very difficult time navigating it and this is just something to enhance the Manta community.

Thanks for joining and let anyone you know that has an interest in the Manta cars know about this site.

Also let me know if you continue to have issues.

Blueovalz
07-22-2014, 09:20 PM
Ken^2, how awesome is that. Ken, I know of a great online class that will help your typing skills. There's no reason a really sharp guy like you has to come across like your post above ;) ;) ;)

Yeah Ken. Set this site into the Compatibility Settings (Assumption is you are using Windows) and hopefully that will solve the weird typing issue I've also had to struggle with as well (brother from another mother).

Ken Walsh
07-23-2014, 05:40 PM
Ken...this is Ken....

Blue Oval....this is Ox.... (No.....NO....that's not right!)

Thanks for the help. Compatibility Setting made on my Windows 8.1. Working fine. Now I can only blame my mistyping on my own personal typing errors.....

General update. I'm largely done with most of my "new home chores" (last 2+ years worth....) related to my relocation from Colorado to the Florida Panhandle in mid-2011......

I hope to get back into serious work on my Manta.... to include revamping my engine management system. I had bought an Electromotive TEC II system ages ago--and it is programmed via an RS-232 port with UNUSUAL signal (voltage) levels. The TEC II still works, but no recent PCs (Windows XP, 7, 8, etc) with RS-232 ports can talk to it(!)--therefore, no tuning possible. Talk about a useless hunk of once-good technology. Electromotive is willing to give me a "good deal" on a later TEC....for only about $1,600. Ouch.... OUCH! I've started a search for another (not Electromotive brand) EFI controller, but all prices are not inexpensive, these days.....

'Might as well revamp the entire EFI system, turbos, and headers if I go that route. Hobbies aren't always cheap, ya know....

Ken (the other one).....

P.S. I'll continue my complaining in the proper forum thread, next time....!

Sulley
07-23-2014, 08:04 PM
Welcome aboard Ken! From the other Ken. Who's on first?!

Sulley
07-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Ok to make things clearer, I changed my name. Not literally although you seem like a good guy Ken, with a name like that why wouldn't you. But I changed my user name to Sulley. Anything to help out....