PDA

View Full Version : Manta Exhaust

Sulley
07-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Did the factory have exhaust systems or did the builder have to custom fabricate from scratch?

Ken Walsh
07-25-2014, 09:46 AM
Speaking for the Mirage, the company manufactured a header/muffler for the car, as a priced option. They were designed for use with the Chevrolet small block, and to hug around the original Corvair suspension and transaxle (over the top of the axle half-shafts).

marfen
01-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Manta also had an optional header kit for the Montage T type V6 cars .

Did the factory have exhaust systems or did the builder have to custom fabricate from scratch?

Manta22
01-04-2020, 02:07 PM
The Manta Cars optional headers featured a built-in "Cherry Bomb" muffler but it was still fairly loud.

My two pairs different, one was chrome plated and the ones on MANTA II were painted black- probably with VHT high temperature black. Note that the chrome header pictures were taken early in my build, the entire chassis was rebuilt to accomodate the Porsche G50 transaxle and to the SCTA requirement of a full roll cage.

I had the Schoenfeld long-tube stepped headers on my black Mirage (The Werewolf) coated with Cerakote. I would recommend this coating.

Mike Anderson
03-01-2020, 02:26 PM
Neil,
Did I get a set of Mirage upper doors from you about 25 years ago ?? I remember it being in Tucson.
Mike Anderson

Manta22
03-05-2020, 06:06 PM
Neil,
Did I get a set of Mirage upper doors from you about 25 years ago ?? I remember it being in Tucson.
Mike Anderson
That could be, Mike, I don't remember. Do you need an almost complete Mirage body?

Regards, Neil

Mike Anderson
03-06-2020, 02:09 PM
Not at the moment.... The Mirage I just acquired is in REALLY nice shape overall. Pretty basic, but complete.. I wasn't able to complete the project car I had when I came to your house back then. I ended up trading it for a Rolls Royce that didn't run. Turned out it had a bird's nest in the air cleaner. It started right up after I cleaned out the mess, and ended up driving it for quite awhile. Found this Mirage in Indiana a few weeks ago and was able to negotiate a deal. Im getting gas struts for the upper and lower doors, so they will stay open on their own. It's tough enough getting in and out without worrying about getting whacked in the head.

Manta22
03-06-2020, 07:35 PM
That was a real score on the Rolls!