PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Florida

Nidrahynnad
08-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Dan Hardin here in Cape Coral, FL. Found a 1974 Manta Mirage in need of saving near Clewiston 2 years ago. Got it running as a chassis only (big go-kart) last August. Been working on body fitting and attachment since then. Found another Mirage in Ft. Lauderdale in April of this year. Had been loosely assembled but not cut or painted. Using the new body panels from this one on my car. Got the second one in parts (filled a 16 foot box truck). I am assembling the parts to a roller as I choose what to keep for my car. Hope to get my car back together this fall.

I am also on the Yahoo Groups site administered by David Savage. Maybe David could add a link to this site. I noted that this site has a link to the Yahoo site.

Just found this site following the link to BlueOvalz latest test drive video.

Been browsing the forums and I see some familiar issues. Hope this can be a helpful forum for other owners/builders.

Dan

Sulley
08-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Hello Dan and welcome! Sounds like a great project. Post some pictures if you get time. I have a 1986 Mirage but it was a complete finished car. When I say finished I mean to 1986 technology with rear drum brakes and all! So I've been driving it and sorting it out. This site is just another outlet for Manta owners and enthusiasts to use to compliment the hobby. Glad to have you aboard and let me know if I can help with anything. You may need some pics or something of a completed piece on the car or how I did something. The way this site is built it should make it real easy for people to search and place information in categories and share information with other owners.

Jerry
03-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Dan,

How is it going? any update pictures for us? I wonder how your car is looking now.

Jerry

Blueovalz
03-18-2015, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the site Dan. We enjoy watching other's projects, so keep photos of your progress headed this way.