PDA

View Full Version : Manta Heat and A/C

Sulley
12-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Is anyone aware of a good compact solution if we wanted a heat and air system in a Manta Mirage?

Farmer
11-03-2018, 07:06 PM
I know this is an old post but if anyone needs info about a heat or a/c system for their Mirage I can send pics and info on the system Manta installed when they built my Mirage.

marfen
01-08-2019, 08:06 AM
Vintage Air makes great compact hot rod units that will fit.

Rod Brace
07-20-2020, 12:26 PM
I would love to see some pictures I'm starting on my a/c now racecoat@gmail.com

Blueovalz
07-21-2020, 02:57 PM
Opinion: space is going to be the biggest issue though. My observations have been that the Vintage units are built for....vintage cars, and/or projects that actually have a usable amount of space under the dash for such. The Manta products will require some really creative thoughts in order to fit them "somewhere" usable. Heck, I barely was able to put the EPAS system in mine, even after modifying the unit (by no small amount) to fit under the dash, and over the legs.

Rod Brace
07-21-2020, 11:26 PM
I ordered an evaporator that is compact but I now have to figure out where to put it. I'm using an eletric compressor so I don't have to have anything run back to the engine.

FreeSC
08-07-2020, 12:54 PM
I have a POTENTIAL solution, although I have not looked at it in detail: The system in a Fiat 500.

From what I have read (I own a Fiat 500 Abarth - GREAT car!!!) Fiat does something unique with their A/C units to preserve space: they turn the condenser sideways. I remember after Fiat Chrysler presented the Dart several years ago, they said they followed the same design for that car, because it saved space.

Small car, but the A/C is very effective. And the switchgear is EXACTLY the same stuff VW and Mercedes have used for years, extremely reliable.

davebivens
09-29-2020, 10:47 PM
I'm not to that point in my build yet but my plan is to put a remote/ducted evap unit in the drivers sidepod, then duct the air to registers in the dash. Southern rods sells a small a/c only unit that looks like it would fit, they call it the "mini cooler a/c only"