Thread: Corvair Transaxle

Corvair Transaxle

I am selling my transaxle from my Manta Mirage. It runs and shifts great with no issues. I believe it is out of a 1967. If you also need the Kelmark adapter I can work a package deal on that as well.

I had a PM on the Kelmark adapter. The story on it is that I bought a Porsche Boxster S 6 speed gearbox with the aspirations of putting this into my Manta Mirage. The new trans-axle is in my garage but I haven't tackled the project yet. I would love to see someone who could put the Kelmark adapter to good use. So I can't send it until I pull mine out for the swap. Honestly I have no idea on the value of it. If you are still interested just let me know.

Tim thanks for registering on the site as well!

Champion Member
    Do you know if it is a posi or if it has any v8 heavy duty parts in it? 2 or 4 spider gears, or is this just unknown?

It is in my Manta Mirage currently. I do not know what is in it but it is running behind a 350 Chevy. I've picked up a Boxster S gearbox but have been reluctant to tackle the conversion.

Champion Member
    Big job. Unless you have a shop that you can pay, if you slow up, it could be down for months or years.

I am going to get mine running and then maybe do the conversion by building a second rear section aside from the car.
    A rear subframe, new suspension, transaxle, LS engine. Get it all done so the frame just needs to be welded in or even bolted in, after cutting off the rear end. Then the down time is less. It still will take longer than I think. :-)
    Last edited by Jerry; 11-01-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Administrator
    That makes sense. I'll be needing to pay someone as I don't have the fabrication skills to do this.