Thread: Hardcastle and McCormick

Hardcastle and McCormick

I had read somewhere that in addition to the Montage kits they took a Delorean and re-skinned it with the Montage. If you look at the show you see some cars that have the Delorean doors. Anyone know of this being done today or was that just for the TV show?

Rookie Member
    My understanding they converted one or two Deloreans, which you can see the difference in the wheels, one being the close up car, and made panels for a tube frame air cooled Porsche powered jump car. The last jump car was a center single seater, and suspension seat system so the stunt driver's didn't have to visit the ciropractor each week. I saw some close ups of the jump car. It's out there somewhere. There were some hard landings in the M6GT on film. I heard they squared a lot of centerline champ 500's during the show.They all look kinda funky compared to the M6GT/Montage. It's mostly the flat windshield and longer tail that screws it up. Everybody claims Brian Keith complained about getting in and out of the original, but an interview with the builder of the cars said it was the Mclaren estate that issued a cease and desist order from an attorney. I was a big fan of the first season, second and third, not so much.