Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test on my typing speed

Test on my typing speed

Hi Ken,

It appears te program is operating crrectl but ets wose as I progress throght the message. T faster I ypetheworse t gets But I I slowdownitgets better until itye about 1 character at a time per second.

Can you try another browser like Safari or Firefox and try another computer and let me know what you experience.

As noted in the other thread, it appears the problem is fixed for whatever reason. But if I have problems again, I'll try Firefox as an alternate.

I till see sometn sht I trobling.

Interesin, theloner I type the wrs igets. I wll try the fex and see f hat fixes hpoblem.

Okay, I'm on firefox now and it appears to be good at this time. The 0616 post started out very well, no problems, but the longer I typed, the more delay I noticed up to the point where the second sentence started giving me problems. On the last sentence it was unusable again. Another observation with this issue was when I wanted to go back and correct a word by highlighting the word (left-click and drag mouse), the highlighted area would flash instead of staying at a steady highlight (like it was processing, or "spinning" but never getting caught up). Obviously an issue I have with the IE, but I hope this isn't an issue with others, being IE is pretty much what a majority of folks use.

Terry

Ba
    c

a
    ga
    In

o
    I

"
    ?
    ??
    ?
    ??
    ?
    ??

Back on IE, and back to same problem. Notice what happened above. Each character space-bared down??? Can't type fast again.

This is the last test, on one in which a compatibility view settings change, as well as a trusted site settings change was made to my IE configuration. Thus far it appears to be working fine. Usually by the time I get to this point in the posting the letters start slowing down, letters get omitted, or I am unable to highlight entire words or backspace to correct the typing problems. The auto-save just came on so I'm now curious if that will start slowing things down, but so far it hasn't. I'm excited to finally find what appears to be the solution to the inability to post a message.

Terry thanks for all the effort to figure that out. Almost impossible from this end. I have to look into why this happened as it would be an issue for other users.

Ipm bac for one morroun of tyingsl
    a
    a
    c
    k
    for
    o
    ne

m
    o
    e

Another test and this appears to very affirmatively identify a solution to the (at least my) problem. From my home computer, I submitted the previous (above) post, and had not yet changed the Compatibility Settings, and immediately I was getting an "enter" or spacebar key automatically with each character I tried to type. When I finally got back to the top where I started, I tried again to type, but as usual, it was omitting characters and slowing down. I immediately set this site into my Compatibility Settings and then found I had to re-logon, and noticed the login boxes were in a different location, and that the typing issues no longer existed. I believe this should fix the issues if others see it.

All of this was found completely by accident from something IT did for my work computer to allow me to get into a work-related site that was not loading the menu items correctly. I decided to experiment with the same solution for this issue as well, and it appears to have been a consistent fix for two completely different systems.
    Last edited by Blueovalz; 07-18-2014 at 07:51 PM.