Thread: Oops on the front end

Oops on the front end

I was pulling into my garage the other day and mis-judged the clearance and bumped the brick and took a little piece out of the front drivers front nose on the rounded corner! I can't believe I did that!

Ken, Ken, Ken. Don't you know these posts are useless without pictures? Sorry to hear about your mishap. Perhaps a couple of beers will help it look better.

Good point there Blueovalz. I have posted up a couple of pictures. I know I'm not the most technical builder on here but I tried the couple of beers suggestions and it still looks bad to me! I may not have done something correctly here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Manta Mirage Front Damage.jpg   Manta Mirage Front end damage.jpg  

Pole Position Member
    OK then, the beers make it look not so bad after all. Shouldn't be too hard a fix in that area, and if you have the right paint, easy to spot back in.

Not near so bad as I had first thought. If you had gotten into the corner, that would have been tough. As it is, a little fiberglass/bondo on the damage and then use the surrounding undamaged area to act as a guide in leveling out the repair around the curve top to bottom. Easy work. Put a pretty lass lying across the hood and I guarantee nobody would notice...err notice the damage I mean.