Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheels for Manta Mirage

Wheels for Manta Mirage

I think these look nice on this car. I don't know how I feel about the orange but I like the look and style of these rims on the Manta Mirage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07051.jpg   IMG00050-20090707-1959.jpg   IMG00053-20090707-2002.jpg   IMG00055-20090707-2106.jpg   IMG00056-20090707-2106.jpg  

IMG00058-20090707-2119.jpg   IMG00059-20090707-2120.jpg  

Champion Member
    Those are Lowenhart Speedstar 11x18 in the front 13x18 in the rear.
    The tires are Pirelli P zero's 275/35/18 front and 335/30/18 rear.

I don't know where you can get the rims and tires. I don't know if they still make these rims. I like them but would keep them natural on my red Manta.

Steel 15" Wheels

Bassett makes 15" steel wheels for the stock car racing community. They are reasonably light, strong, cheap (about $75), and good- looking. Not every other car you see on the street runs them. They are available in a variety of widths and back- spacing but only in 15" diameter. Chevy & Ford bolt patterns are available as well as the standard stock- car "5 on 5". (5ea 5/8" lug bolts on a 5" bolt circle) They're cheap because circle track racers beat them up regularly so they are manufactured in quantity. I buy them from Speedway Motors.

I like the look of these wheels on my Mirage; they have a very purposeful look-- no bling, all business.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bassett Wheel 001a.jpg   Loaded for Bonneville 3.jpg  
    Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ

Sounds like the perfect wheel to get me on the track from an economics point of view,

Your rear tires really fill out the wheel wells well.

They sure do-- too well. I'll need to move the rear wheel arch back a bit for more tire clearance. Those are Goodyear stock car (NASCAR) racing slicks.
    Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ

Pole Position Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueovalz View Post
    Sounds like the perfect wheel to get me on the track from an economics point of view,
    Terry, I see in past pics you have the Eleanor Shelby wheels on your mirage...care to share the tire and rim sizes? They look great on your car. I'm struggling with tire height and clearance in the front of my montage. thanks.

These are actually Image wheels from England. High quality, but price is a about mid-point or above. Check out their site because they also offer centerlock options as well a vintage appearing "classic" McLaren wheels. Lastly, most of their wheels can be put in any offset or width within a wide range, with a variety of finishes (I would do the clear anodized external barrel vs the polished ones I got).

Pole Position Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueovalz View Post
    These are actually Image wheels from England. High quality, but price is a about mid-point or above. Check out their site because they also offer centerlock options as well a vintage appearing "classic" McLaren wheels. Lastly, most of their wheels can be put in any offset or width within a wide range, with a variety of finishes (I would do the clear anodized external barrel vs the polished ones I got).
    Cool...what tire sizes are you using if you don't mind me asking...are you around 24, 25" high on the front? thx ...really appreciate you input.