Thread: Manta Mirage Photo Shop - Front Wheel Well

Manta Mirage Photo Shop - Front Wheel Well

I was playing around with an idea here. With the Manta Mirage I notice a significant amount of road debris that hits the painted area inside the front wheel wells. So what if they were closed in more like the Manta Montage is. Let me know if you like the stock open or modified closed look better?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1794.jpg   IMG_1794(b).jpg  

The debris problem appears to be pretty common with this type of air outlet. Many, even some original McLarens have that facing panel covered with a protective aluminum panel attached to the monocoque metal. The city recently re-paved the roads into my neighborhood, and the loose pea-gravel made a mess of the interior of my car due to some open areas between the seat tub, and the bodywork in this area. Just more details to address.

I like the unique nature of this aspect to the Mirage. I contemplated doing the same thing when I was thinking about what I wanted to do to the bodywork. I always returned back to the OEM look. The attachment was not Photoshop, but it still represents what I was looking for. Obviously I finally decided on copying the M8 look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenShot1077.jpg  
    Last edited by Blueovalz; 02-09-2015 at 09:09 AM.

The original shape provided an air outlet to cool the front brakes. 3M has a polyurethane tape that is designed to reduce impact damage; it might be available in sprayable form as well.
    Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ

Interesting in your picture the rear is different as well. Looks as if it leans rearward toward the top and the spoiler filled in across the entire rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueovalz View Post
    The debris problem appears to be pretty common with this type of air outlet. Many, even some original McLarens have that facing panel covered with a protective aluminum panel attached to the monocoque metal. The city recently re-paved the roads into my neighborhood, and the loose pea-gravel made a mess of the interior of my car due to some open areas between the seat tub, and the bodywork in this area. Just more details to address.

I like the unique nature of this aspect to the Mirage. I contemplated doing the same thing when I was thinking about what I wanted to do to the bodywork. I always returned back to the OEM look. The attachment was not Photoshop, but it still represents what I was looking for. Obviously I finally decided on copying the M8 look.

Yeah, I did a lot of experimenting on the shape before settling down on the current one.

Champion Member
    Another option would be like this car with sheet metal, and the 3m clear vinyl too.

Click --->

Jerry I actually tried to buy this one when it was for sale. It was sold by the time I inquired. It actually had a center pneumatic jack system to lift the car.

Pole Position Member

Where did it go/

I had seen that video before, wonder where the car ended up?

Be nice to get the new owner to share some information on it....
    Dan