Thread: Mirage (M8 visual replica) bodywork update

Mirage (M8 visual replica) bodywork update

Finishing up some minor detailing for this spring's/summer's paint target date. This winter has been dedicated to all the nagging mechanical tweaks that I want resolved before I take this to Cresson TX for some testing. The especially contentious dry-sump oil leaking has finally been resolved (errors on my part), and trying to figure out the side mirror fab and install. I took the car out for a 20 minute drive yesterday (high 60's here), and am extremely satisfied with the feel of the car after putting the sway bars on it. it has a whole new feel about it, but I may need to soften up the rear a little more (3/4" rear and 15/16" front). I braced the roll hoop as well, and will spray a little sealer on the rear before headed to TX simply to keep any oil residue off the current surface for paint preparation purposes. With the warmer weekends lately, I've been able to break out the paint gun again and take care of the roll hoop and brace that attaches to the motor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Side view 1.JPG   Side quarter rear view 1.jpg   rear quarter 1.jpg   Rear 2.jpg  
    Last edited by Blueovalz; 02-11-2015 at 09:49 AM.

It's looking very nice, Terry. Take video of your tests.
    Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ

Is that a track you are going to in TX?

Yes. I'm taking it to Cresson Motorsports Ranch. For a relatively small charge, I can get on the track for about five 30 minute sessions. The hope is to use their skid pad and track to nail down the suspension settings and brakes (and have the wife visit her brother while there). I've tried slinging it around a tiny bit here in town, but just can't do that without risk, so this will be a pure testing day to push it in the corners.

Champion Member
    It's looking great !

Be safe, take care of it.

That's a special car.

What's the HP and weight?

HP numbers should be close to 500 according to other comparable work. That leaves a lot of room for talk. I haven't dynoed it, but feel pretty sure a 480 HP number is realistic. Weight...I'm going to do some measuring next weekend, but would be happy if it stays at or under 2200. That leaves it at a portly 200-300 over an OEM weight (I think). It's amazing how adding a pound here, a pound there, and you're already way over your budgeted weight. Basically, I compromised weight for rigidity, safety, and quality. Heck, the current manifold over the LS2 plastic manifold was 30 lbs. Or a high-pressure pump system versus a simple low-pressure carb set-up, or other numerous things that added weight to make it "better".