Thread: Manta Sold

Manta Sold

As some of you know I sold my Manta Mirage with mixed emotions. I've been asked if the website would stay up. I am a car enthusiast with a background in web development so I do plan on keeping the site up and running and maintaining it. I have a Gallardo and a C6 Z06 for the track and I didn't really have the room or time to take on the longer term ownership of the Manta Mirage. I loved the car and had wanted one since I was a kid but the practical side (which doesn't go in the same conversation as owning a Manta Mirage right) led me to sell the car.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me and thanks for your support on the website and with the questions I had while owning and driving my Manta Mirage.

I know how you feel. I sold my 240Z (which was a 15 year project, and roughly the same level of challenge at this Mirage project I have) just so that I could start a new one and make room in the garage for it. It was heartbreaking, but it went to an owner that appreciated the car tremendously. I hope selling it doesn't become a regret later. Congrats if that is in order.

Guys I haven't checked in for a while. Hope everyone is doing well. If you have any issues with the site let me know. I plan to keep it up and running even though I sold mine. I own a number of websites and forums so no big deal! If you have any suggestions on the site let me know too.

Pole Position Member
    Sulley..... it's been ages since I "checked in", and I'm sorry to hear you sold your Manta. Having a Manta can be a "love/hate" relationship, considering the (im)practicality of the car, and the cost of "doing things right". For me, this has been a project over several decades, and for that reason my fiscal impacts have been spread over much time. Sometimes I do wonder, however, if I EVER will be satisfied with some final tweaks. For me, the engineering and build is probably more satisfying than the ultimate driving experience.

P.S. One of my "funnest" builds was a VW dune buggy, with a Porsche 6-cylinder engine in it..... It caught a LOT of would-be street racers by surprise.... and then there was my 1932 Ford (yep, Deuce Coupe) with the 409 engine in it (I think I just names two Beach Boys songs!)

Thanks for the website, and if you ever get your appetite back for a Manta, I'd love to see you "back on the threads" with us.....

Ken

Thanks! I will be checking in and keeping the site alive! Manta is a narrow niche but I still have a passion for them! I'd like to maybe one day get a Montage with a v8 but it would have to be already set up as I can't fabricate so would want it to be mostly there.