Thread: Hello from Washington State

Rookie Member

Hello from Washington State

I retired this year after being a mechanic for 35 years. I saw my first Manta Mirage in the late 70's in southern California where i grew up and swore i would own one sometime in my life. After years of building and restoring many corvettes and muscle cars and two divorces I decided to retire and enjoy life. The only problem is. a mechanic never retires, he just slows down. After moving to Washington I get a phone call from a friend telling me that he found two Manta Mirage project cars in a barn,....I bought both, I need to keep busy. I am so glad that I found this forum, there is so much needed imformation here! Any helpfull advice or information such as build manuals or pictures would be appritiatted. A stupid Mechanic is one that does not ask for help or advice from others that have been down a different path. Thank you and God Bless, Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3595.jpg   3590.jpg  

Welcome to the site Rick. Looks like you've got a good start on the next road-worthy Manta.

Pole Position Member
    Welcome to the site. I wish I could find a barn with just one Manta in it near me. Good luck with your build/builds.

Champion Member
    Welcome, are you going to build 1 or both?

Rookie Member
    I have not decided yet, I am finishing a 1971 Corvette, and then I will evaluate

Welcome to the Manta cars forum!