Thread: Hi from California!

Rookie Member

Hi from California!

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself to this forum. My father and I have embarked on a Mirage project, and excited to dig into it. I have been searching for one for about 10 years, and missed out on one about 5 years ago, so when this one came available I jumped on it. It's a Chevy 302, corvair transaxle. I have no idea on the horsepower yet.

It it does need some work, but is running/driving/registered.

There are some things missing that I need to find or make. These include the Tbar for the doors, and the snap in interior seat cover.

I look forward to searching the forums and enjoying this car!

BTW does anyone know where the Manta is from the 1974 Gone in 60 seconds movies??

Thanks!

Welcome to the site. Hopefully we have all the answers or tips for you as you progress on the project. We like lots of photos of the progress as well. Much of what gets done here ends up being individual fabrication because a lot of these parts are hard to obtain.

Champion Member
    Hi,
    Welcome, I have never heard of the location of that car. Manta #2 is in Arizona.

My car was in the long beach area it's whole life but it is probably not the movie car.

Welcome to the Manta Cars website.

Pole Position Member
    Hey Ryan, Welcome. How about posting some pics of your car? Dan