Thread: V8 Montage

Rookie Member

V8 Montage

looking for a V8 montage running would be great but not a requirement and I can trade my vw montage as a bonus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1234.jpg   IMG_1233.jpg  

I've seen some occasionally on ebay. The last one I think sold for around $25k with a v8. How much do you think your is worth?

Rookie Member
    I'm thinking when finished (need carpet and fix ign. switch ) should be worth 13,000 getting painted now

Rookie Member
    I see your ads are gone, did you get your 10K? Gonna be hard to find another that clean for 10K unless your luck is better than mine! If it's gone, how far from home did it go? I see a Canadian guy bought the trashed one near me for 6K. Total basket case. A bad Coyote hack job, wrong chassis, dead motor, no interior, cut doors, etc. I thought it might be worth $1500 for the body, chassis was useless. Getting hard to find.

Rookie Member
    little over what I wanted it was sold to a guy about a 100 miles away

Rookie Member
    I hope you don't have seller's remorse. I see you had alot of nice little touches in it. We all want a V8 car. To buy one that isn't just a total mess, is getting pretty high. One thing I see is some of them are real backyard hack jobs, when combined with the "Go" factor of a V8, is a scary dangerous car. I'll most likely build up something using a tube frame and a Subaru or an 3.2L Acura V6 with a longitudinal manual transaxle. About 230HP stock, before some "tuning", so to speak. The goal will be to build something that keeps the weight under 2000 LBS. Power to weight. A friend of mine has several GM LS motors. The weight adds up pretty fast, although 500 HP is not too hard. I want a light aggressive handling Autocross car, my self. Build it to pass SCCA and go do some "Play Racing" I'll keep my eyes out for your old car. Good luck with the new Garage build.

Rookie Member
    Mole, I noticed an ad for a Montage, tube frame, vette suspension, Porsche transaxle, 6.0 LS motor for sale in Jacksonville Craigslist. Search under kit car, it will pop up. Wants 45K. Good luck with that.

Rookie Member
    way more than I want to spend does look nice though

Rookie Member
    I hate the Hoop-tee wheels. An M6 / Montage should have some sort of race wheels, not low rider wheels. A set of Barrett steel racing wheels can be had for around $500 new. And no Radiator Vent in the front end/hood. Anything over 100 mph without it, and the front end starts getting light. traps air under the body. Takes alot of work / testing to vent air back under the car and not generate lift. 45K? That cars worth maybe in the 30's if it's done well. Maybe 45K for a real M6GT clone, done correctly. But hey, maybe he'll get it.