Thread: Hello Fellow Manta Lovers

Rookie Member

Hello Fellow Manta Lovers

Merry Christmas!

So Glad I found this site! Years ago (1978 or so) I found Manta Cars. As a young man I was very interested in building a Mirage. Some time later I actually wrote a letter to Brad LoVette regarding possible options. I think I still have his response, yes to my amazement he responded to me in writing. I promise that if I still have it, and I can find it, I'll scan and post both my letter and his response on the forum.

I heard later (supposedly) that Brad unfortunately died in a plane crash. Such a great loss!

Anyway, my interest in these cars has been rekindled (almost 30 years later) and as an accomplished "Gearhead" I'll soon be ready to build my toy. Yeah, a Factory Five would be nice, but a Mirage/Montage is more my style. I'd definitely make some major changes (chassis, suspension and drivetrain, but the original Mirage and Montage bodies are beautiful works of art in my eyes, but then hey, I'm preaching to the choir on that one, right?

I'm very happy to be here, and I'll do my best to contribute to the cause.

Thanks,
    ProfessorGT
    Gerard Tonno

Welcome to the site Gerard. Good luck on the build, and please share your progress with the group. If you've got a start on one already, please share.

Welcome. There are some very talented builders and resources on this site.