Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from France!

Rookie Member
    Well, the Mirage is close to coming home now!

The trip from North Texas to Miami was a difficult one to organize with the right transport. Done with care and arrived for the container loading.
    The car traveled over the atlantic to reach France on 27 of April. The car was unloaded from the container and moved through the customs.
    All done now, and just waiting for the official documents to proceed with street registration.
    I will pick the Mirage with a friend next Thursday, and travel home in Reims.

Some pictures will follow on arrival here, with my first impressions on the car as it is.

The registration will require quite a number of steps.
    The longer is to get the homologation certificate, and we have an organisation here dealing with 30 years+ old cars.
    The original US title is the start, and they fill the required informations for the registration certificate.
    They can have quite a number of questions with exotic cars like Manta, but I know that some Mirages have been accepted in the past years.
    That will take about 6 weeks to get the certificate.

I will then have to go through a Technical Control to validate the street driving (and safety issues).
    They check pollution, brakes, and mobile parts like steering and wheel bearings, beside side indicators, lights, belts, etc...
    I like the face of the controller when you come with such a car! They have never seen one, and this is much more pleasant than checking usual ones!
    With all this, you can then ask the registration, and you recieve the number that you have to place on the front and the back.

The insurance will be temporary until final registration, but allows to drive on the street to go to the control station.
    When all this is fullfilled, the road is yours, and I will have my first drives to get the real feeling about this Mirage!

The start of a new story, and I will keep you posted!

Congratulations on getting it home!