Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from France!

Rookie Member

Hello from France!

Just a few words to introduce myself:
    My name is Hubert, and I live in the Champagne region / Reims / in France
    My busy years between 1975 and 2016 were mainly driving for my job with usual cars, and quite a few Mercedes finishing with some 200KMiles!
    I am still partly busy in my company, but part time, or at least I try to!

Since 2010, I started to enjoy cars from my child time, having some more real driving without all this electronic assistance.
    Last year, knowing about Manta cars, but never having seen one, I visited a guy selling a Mirage in France.
    I was not ready for an instant decision... and I missed that first one!
    But I was hooked already and continued the searching...

Another one was for sale in Germany around December, but the price was just unacceptable for me.
    I then turned to the US, waiting for an opportunity to come, and they are not so frequent.
    I just bought a Mirage from Texas, and the car is on its way to France!
    I still have to wait for a few weeks to get it home, check it out, and register it here.

I am just very excited about this new comer, and I hope that it will fill my expectations.
    A few pictures from your side, before I can touch it for real!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s-l1600 -1-.jpg   s-l1600.jpg   s-l1600 -4-.jpg   s-l1600 -6-.jpg  

Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Hub280ZX View Post
    My busy years between 1975 and 2016 were mainly driving for my job with usual cars, and quite a few Mercedes finishing with some 200KMiles!

Since 2010, I started to enjoy cars from my child time, having some more real driving without all this electronic assistance.
    Last year, knowing about Manta cars, but never having seen one, I visited a guy selling a Mirage in France.

Another one was for sale in Germany around December, but the price was just unacceptable for me.
    I then turned to the US, waiting for an opportunity to come, and they are not so frequent.
    I still have to wait for a few weeks to get it home, check it out, and register it here.

I am just very excited about this new comer, and I hope that it will fill my expectations.
    The pictures look very nice, Hubert. I hope you will be happy with your Mirage.

Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ
    Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ

Champion Member
    Welcome Hubert. I am going through a Mirage and its a cool car. Did you ever see the car in the 1974 movie "Gone in 60 seconds"? I have always wanted a Mirage since about 1974. :--)

(I put a 350 chevy in a 1971 240z decades ago. It was a hoot.)

Manta 350 hp 2000 lbs
    Dodge hellcat 700 hp 4000 lbs.
    Same thing !!!

Oh I better stop now, I am not trying to start a war with our Dodge friends.

Rookie Member
    Thanks a lot for your messages!

Jerry, I have a Ginetta G27 1300lbs with Zetec 2.0L 180 hp...
    Similar ratio on the light side, and typical from UK kit cars.
    This is fun too, because it is so light that you start touching brakes VERY much later than anyone else, and you keep the speed into bends passing everyone without effort!!

Welcome and congrats!

Smug Corvette Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Welcome Hubert. I am going through a Mirage and its a cool car. Did you ever see the car in the 1974 movie "Gone in 60 seconds"? I have always wanted a Mirage since about 1974. :--)

(I put a 350 chevy in a 1971 240z decades ago. It was a hoot.)

Manta 350 hp 2000 lbs
    Dodge hellcat 700 hp 4000 lbs.
    Same thing !!!

Oh I better stop now, I am not trying to start a war with our Dodge friends.
    This weekend I stopped by a place where car guys hang out in the evening. There was a really nice-looking yellow Z06- brand new-- and I talked to the owner briefly. He was one of these superior know-it-all types and gave me a pitch about its having 650HP !! I asked what it weighed and he said 3800 lbs. I didn't bust his balloon but someday I'll drive one of my Mirages out there- hope he's there that evening.

Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ
    Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ

Welcome to the site Hubert. Be sure to post any additional photos, or work you do on it in the future. Hope you enjoy the car, it looks like a really nice example of a Mirage.

Rookie Member
    Thanks a lot for your nice comments!
    I hope to become a real fan as you are all!

I have to wait another 3/4 weeks to have the car here, and I am sure I will have a lot of questions and pictures.
    Sonny has two Mirage cars and sold me the yellow one. He mainly used the car on shows and presentations.
    So I suppose that at least, it is fine to drive as is, on the road, but maybe not on the track.
    I will start learning the Mirage, and after some experience, I will feel the limits on track.
    We have lots of restrictions here (as you have in the US) for speeding, and it is safer to drive the same direction when evaluating the limits!

I must admit that for the moment, I read much both on here, and on the MantaCars Forum.
    Lots of subjects to discover... and I get a little confused between you all!
    But, when I need a part, I will ask you what to choose from: You know it all!!

Thanks for your wellcome, and I keep learning...
    Hubert

Pole Position Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hub280ZX View Post

Great looking Mirage Hubert !!

Rookie Member
    Thanks and I hope it is as nice as on pictures when it arrives!
    Still some weeks to wait... and I become really as impatient as the kid waiting for his toy!!