Thread: Manta Montage T for sale

Rookie Member

Manta Montage T for sale

Hello Group, I have decided sadly that I am needing to sell my Montage T. Typical reasons, life, kids, interest change etc. I have owned this car for quite a while and had purchased it in drivable but not useable condition. P/o had removed dash to re-lay and started new paint prep and then ran out of beer and so lost interest. I have not run out of beer but have decided that I will not have time/interest to complete this ever and so will let someone else share the joy. I had disassembled the car and started gathering parts to swap to V8 5 speed but that is where all of the issues above started and that is where it sits. The original build was somewhat crude but nothing was badly hurt. I was essentially re-kitting the car and starting over. There is no evidence of collision damage other than some primer on front corners in front of headlights. P/o had told me that his understanding was that it was from driveway approach drag while turning into parking lots.

I am looking for input on value and/or the best venue to attempt sale of this somewhat rare car. I will list what I have below. I have not attached any pics but they are available on request. I have watched e-bay and craigslist without finding many comparable cars and so I am hoping that some of the forum members will have some insights as to what is fair and reasonable. In my mind I would like to see 8k for the car but I don’t have a yardstick to measure this with. Obviously if someone from the forum is interested I would be glad to visit with you.

What’s here:
    Complete disassembled Manta Montage T version with factory tube frame and GM 2.8 v6 and matching 4 speed. Car is complete with good DOT glass windshield and rear plastic window and side windows (1 cracked). Interior is rough with original Muppet pelt carpeting kept as patterns. Disassembly was done without damage and could be returned to V6 4spd. No modification to body or frame has been done. All panels, doors, windows, cooling, hvac, exhaust etc. are available nothing was thrown away. Car, engine trans and all parts have been stored inside and are not weathered. Chassis is rolling without body or drivetrain. Body front and rear cover is sitting on frame,

I also have a Audi 016 AFC transaxle that I removed from a running driving 5000 Turbo, NIB Painless 12 circuit harness to replace p/o cut up factory parts. NIB Auto-meter gauge set, NIB switch panels along with other bits that have been accumulated.

I have a good history of the car and previous owners along with receipts, build manual and other random paperwork. I have a clean KS title in my name using the CO assigned title/VIN (where originaly built) and the car is in the Wichita KS area.
    Thanks for your interest and any information you could share,

Dave L

Rookie Member
    I wish you had decided to sell about 5 months ago. I bought a Kelmark which I'm completely going through, and doing a 2.2 Suby conversion. It's in another post/thread here. I'm also doing a build thread on it as I go, on the Kelmark forum. Great guys over there, very helpful. I wanted a project just like what you are offering, but now I'm tied up with my car now. No budget for another car. I think what you are asking is very reasonable, without seeing any photos. A finished manta montage, even a VW model, are 10K minimum. A nice T car should bring 20K if done well. Real V8 cars are off the chain. That's why I went with the Kelmark, just a fun little car, adding some power, upgraded Brakes and suspension, real racing seats, etc. Somebody will snatch up your T car real fast, I'll bet. Good luck with your sale. Mike

Rookie Member
    Greetings. I am looking for one but can't do anything till after December. Do you have any pics and when are you interested in selling? Thanks

Rookie Member
    PM sent to Roman

Rookie Member
    I am interested could you send some pictures to emw911@aol.com

Can you post up pics?

Rookie Member
    Do you still have this car?

Rookie Member
    Yes I still have the Car. I have a tentative deal made with Roman above. we are waiting on some financial details to complete that should occur fairly soon. I have told Roman I would hold the car for him until then. I will be glad to contact you if the deal falls thru.

Rookie Member
    Car is on the Market. Same Condition as above. Disassembled Montage with clean KS title. all parts are here, nothing thrown away. Unmodified. put it back like it was or turn it into a 2000 lb V8 monster. Pics are of big parts only. Car is complete just disassembled.

$8K for everthing that I have for it. located in Wichita KS. email questions etc. to -d.loos@sbcglobal.net

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170916_143947604.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	823
    Attachment 815Attachment 816Attachment 817Attachment 818Attachment 819Attachment 821

Rookie Member
    Did you sell this car?