Thread: Early Mirage Queries

Rookie Member

Early Mirage Queries

Am about to import a very early Mirage into the UK and have a couple of questions which someone might be able to help with.
    1. This early car has no opening doors. I wonder how many bodyshells were made before they introduced the door option.
    2. There is no lovered rear end panel and the present owner says it never had one. Does anyone have a rear panel which I could purchase.
    (Am a dab hand with GRP, so grafting one on doesn't present a problem. Again, I wonder how many early bodyshells were supplied like this?
    3. Can someone tell me were to find a set of yellow dialled gauges as originally fitted to both the Mirage and the Montage. I think they were VDO?

Any help appreciated.

Administrator
    Maybe if you post some pics that would help. I am not familiar with any that didn't have opening doors. The rear louvers were cut in by the owners/builders to my knowledge. The gauges you may want to try ebay.

Rookie Member
    Thanks for reply - The Mirage in question is sited in Florida and is still advertised on the Hemmings Car Auction website. I didn't persue the purchase and am currently seeking other Mirages.

Rookie Member
    In what year was it registered?