Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirage build information

Rookie Member
    Sorry, my post wasn't very clear. The car has passed its MOT test so is technically road legal.

I have imported a few cars to the UK in the last few years and have never needed an IVA test as have always been able to prove the date of manufacture / first registration, either via original paperwork or a Heritage certificate. For classic cars this has been enough evidence for the DVLA to supply by return of post a registration document and an age related registration plate.

I do not have this information for the Manta so am relying on the US title as the sole means of proving the year of manufacture. Am still waiting to hear if I will need an IVA test or not.

Good luck. I know from postings I've seen from folks in the UK about how infinitely detailed the IVA can be, even for a well-made kit.

Rookie Member
    Some good news ! I received my registration document last night, they accepted the US title and have issued a 1966 age related number - no inspection, no IVA test. So if it ever stops raining here I can go for a drive.

Does anyone know of any other UK based Mirages ?

Lucky lucky. I'm very surprised that this went as smoothly as it did. Cars 100 times better than the Mantas have failed the IVAs.