Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White mirage

Pole Position Member

White mirage

Has anyone seen many white Manta Mirage cars and what are your opinions on them. Thank you

Pole Position Member
    Here's a walk around video of my Mirage, its apart for the winter as I go over everything. I had to get the engine fixed as one of the heads was bad upon delivery due to bad valve guides on # 2 cylinder, 2 broken push rods and rocker stud cut almost clean off. Anyways here's the link, (I'm not a pro video-editor maker guy)

Pole Position Member
    Looks pretty wild!!

Pole Position Member
    Just an update on the Mirage, it is alive and well. We went on a maiden voyage around the block last night. Felt good to finally get it running and moving!

Pole Position Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    Just an update on the Mirage, it is alive and well. We went on a maiden voyage around the block last night. Felt good to finally get it running and moving!
    Awesome...sounds like you also found a Manta project is a fun way to get thru a cold Canadian winter! Is the hump between the two seats for water pump clearance?

I found that the hump on mine was only bolstering for the driver/passenger, which runs down and forward over the shifter handle linkage, to continue serving the same purpose. The water pump on mine (prior to my modifications) never went into this cavity.

Pole Position Member
    Blueovalz is right on there. My water pump is no where close needing clearance from the rear wall. All part of the seat. I'll post a video and link here in bit.

Pole Position Member

There's a March update video. I focused in on the rear fire wall and water pump for anyone interested. I will be posting more videos when the weather is nicer too!

Pole Position Member
    Thx for posting the video and the close up shots of the waterpump to cab clearances. Your video was awesome and I could see there is a pocket/recess in the firewall on mirages for waterpump clearance that montages don't have (no need with transverse V6 or VW power).
    What is the wheelbase of a mirage? my montage is 95".
    Your car is looking great. Does it have AC/heat?
    Last edited by marfen; 03-23-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Pole Position Member
    My Mirage wheelbase is 95", I want sure so I went out and checked. Also I do have factory heat and a/c. It also has power mirrors which is a great addition. It had a radar detection system on it but I have since removed it. Better safe then sorry with the police in my area i did not want to risk having it still.