Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Manta member

Nice equipment going on the Manta. Any projections for suspension or chassis?

Pole Position Member
    I'd like to know how the mechanical injection works out, I'd like that system but worried how it works for street driving. Any info appreciated!

Mine is the Holley EFI, but the throttle body/manifold are somewhat home-made affairs. With that said, it works really well on the street. I think a large problem with any ITB (or Weber for that fact), is the rate of opening, especially off idle. I went to great lengths to make mine as progressive as possible, with very slow opening up front, and very quick at the end. Extremely streetable!

Rookie Member
    Welcome new member. I too am a new member and have purchased a Manta that has never been finished. I looks a lot like the one you show. I am however missing a windshield. I see you have 2. Would you consider selling one of them? I don't know what ever happened to the one for this car but the fact is that I don't have one.

Rookie Member
    Don't suppose you might get off one of those windshields?

Quote Originally Posted by hybridyneguy View Post
    Greetings all My name is Jeff and I am From Santa Barbara.
    Found this Manta on Facebook Market Place for $3,000.00 After about a month of back and forth negotiating I was able to purchase it for $2,000.00 Including all parts, windows, 2 windshields, Mustang ll suspension, Corvair transaxle and a Porsche 915 Transmission.
    Here are some pictures of it in Barstow and at My house after a day of cleaning.
    I am about 4 months into the build with just searching internet articles and am hoping for some building tips in this forum.
    I have a lot of pics to post soon!
    Hope all is well and thanks for reading My introduction.
    J2