Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manta Mirage Recessed headlight pods and covers

Pole Position Member
    Bill Edison and I are both long-term subscribers to David Savage's forum. Bill and I have talked in the past regarding his headlight pods. They were designed for the large (5-6") round headlights and therefore take quite a bit of "real estate" on the Mirage nose/wheel arch. Bill had indicated because of this, he had some interference between the headlight assembly and the tires, when the tire was in full lock. I'm looking for a design that is more compact, uses smaller assemblies, and look more "IMSA" in style.

Pole Position Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteX View Post
    If they are not available anymore maybe we can help. Our company is Ontario Fiberglass Production and we are in Richmond Hill just north of Toronto. We make the Coyote bodies.
    If I recall, CoyoteX = Joe Penko...... I hope I got that right..... If so, hi Joe!

I'm considering a new style headlight pod for use in the Mirage. To make things easier, the best fiberglass shop to do this would have ready access to a Mirage nose, or (better yet) already have one in their shop. Do you have such access to a Mirage nose?

(I thought MRD Racing did...... but I have yet to find a good contact for them..... I might just be pursuing old info....)

Pole Position Member
    Farmer, how far are you from Richmond Hill (just north of Toronto)?

Pole Position Member
    I am about 3 hours south west of richmond hill, almost the most southern part of Canada Eh!

I have been in contact with Mr. Edison and he has kindly sent me very detailed instructions and pictures from his build if anyone is interested I can forward them to you if you send me your email address.

Pole Position Member
    Hi Ken! Yes I am Joe and no, I do not have access to a Mirage nose.
    Now you're cookin'!!!

Pole Position Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    I am about 3 hours south west of richmond hill, almost the most southern part of Canada Eh!

I have been in contact with Mr. Edison and he has kindly sent me very detailed instructions and pictures from his build if anyone is interested I can forward them to you if you send me your email address.
    Darn.... I wished you were closer to Richmond Hill, and willing to "loan your nose" for a good cause.....!

One other approach, that I am working with David Savage..... He has a 'glass shop he used to make the Montage pods--but the problem is (once again) getting a Montage nose to him, for him to use as a headlight buck.......... Stay tuned.......

Pole Position Member
    How about a 3d scan of a mirage nose. We just did a scan of the Porsche GT3 RS rear spoiler to be 3d printed in carbon fiber. If that would help out I can see what i can do!

Champion Member
    I am doing the same thing.
    I am not lowering the lights too much though. it is not legal here.

Pole Position Member
    Does Dave need Mirage nose or montage nose ? I am close to him I think in Minnesota