Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manta Mirage Recessed headlight pods and covers

Pole Position Member

Manta Mirage Recessed headlight pods and covers

All,

I pretty much hate the Mirage pop-up headlight design....

I'm considering going to recessed pods and acrylic covers. See the pic (attached) that gives detail of the potential placing. Inside the pod I would run 90mm projector units (Hella, and other makers), that would update the Manta look, to what the IMSA cars are running.

Anyone interested in joining me on this venture?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manta (Dec14)001.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	1006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23Apr2015--06.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	1005Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hella-90mm-headlamp.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	1007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00948.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	1008

Rookie Member
    hello ben working on the same thing, more of the can-am look

Pole Position Member
    Where are you getting the covers from? I cant stand the pop up lights either, mine rattle around alot!

Rookie Member
    Mr mark klapp makes a lot of cover for these cars ill try & find his # for U. u can vist my company web site at classicandrods.com

Pole Position Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suede View Post
    Mr mark klapp makes a lot of cover for these cars ill try & find his # for U. u can vist my company web site at classicandrods.com
    Yep..... Mark and I have talked (quite a while back) about covers for any Mirage pods we design. I hope to use him.

As for the small company in Canada that is going 'glass parts for Mantas, I believe their name is MRD Racing.....but when I google them, nothing relevant appears.....

Pole Position Member
    Farmer,

I had talked to a Canadian company (MRD Racing; in Ontario or Ottawa, I think) about making recessed pods for the Mirage. To do so, theyasked to borrow a Mirage nose to serve as a buck to make theparts. It would have been very $$$$ for me to crate up my car's noseand send it to Canada (and then get it returned to me), so I didn't pursue thisalternative any further.

I'm now trying to get in contact with MRD Racing again (if they stillexist). Perhaps we can work something with them. I know DavidSavage has shown interest in selling such Mirage parts via his website.

Pole Position Member
    I'll do some searching for the Ontario company, I am close to Toronto and I think they were there. I thought someone from the company was on this forum at one point.

Pole Position Member
    If they are not available anymore maybe we can help. Our company is Ontario Fiberglass Production and we are in Richmond Hill just north of Toronto. We make the Coyote bodies.
    Now you're cookin'!!!

Pole Position Member
    William Edison on the mantagroup had an excellent website detailing his build on the head light pods and covers. The site included the model of lighting he used and the wiring..

Pole Position Member
    https://mantacars.com/Mantaregistryindex.html here is a link to his car, I sent an email to see if it works still. The site for his build is not working.