Hi, folks! I am a new Montage owner, and looking forward to the joys and fun of owning this unique car. I have purchased the car described by Jimmyd in cars for sale, posted in December. There is a discussion of the Porsche transaxle, described as a 4 speed. It is in fact, a 915 model transaxle, 5 speed. The shift linkage was so bad, that the fifth gear was almost unfindable, and the seller, I'm sure, never knew there were five speeds. The wiring worked just well enough that it would run, but nothing else worked, and required a complete rewire. The engine appears to be a 383 stroker, but horsepower will probably be forever unverified. The whole car has been used hard, and little maintained. I am a collector of cars, with considerable experience, and will put things to right, eventually.

This car is, I believe, the "T" model, midengine with a tube spaceframe. Maybe factory assembled? How can I tell? And it is titled as a 1966 Volkswagen. Is this common? Rear suspension and brakes appear to be Corvette, but I do not recognize the front. Any thoughts, anyone?

I live in Sioux Falls, SD in the summer, and in Peoria, AZ in the winter. The car will likely follow me around, at least until I get it into decent condition. Visitors to either place are welcome.