Thread: 1984 Montage T car with Pontiac 3.8 V6 SSEI from original owner Mark Whipple/ Marylan

Rookie Member

1984 Montage T car with Pontiac 3.8 V6 SSEI from original owner Mark Whipple/ Marylan

I am the original owner of a Manta Montage V6 "T Chassis".
    I have had this car since I ordered it from Manta cars and it has all the high end options. It has always been garage kept and is 80% completed. I always had many things to keep me busy and this project was put away in my garage for a future date to complete. It has had Profesionalwork done to it over the years to get my conversions done. One was to convert it to accept a Pontiac 3.8 super charged V6 engine. It was completed and installed in the car properly along with the custom half shafts. I have been retired some and must finally decide to sell my baby. I have all original documents, receipts, etc since day 1. Looking for a reasonable offer to sell it. More information to come.

Rookie Member
    I am still listed in the original registry with photos of my car under Manta Montage Owners/ Mark Whipple in Maryland. More pictures coming soon.

Rookie Member
    Hi Mark, it was great meeting you and your friend Mike. So very excited to get this beast running. Happy new owner of this Montage.

Rookie Member
    Sold my baby to a really cool guy, Dan from North Carolina, who will keep me informed by its final progress. I got it almost done, but couldn't find any new custom car builders to finish the job. I feel confident in Dan's ability to complete the car. My only request of Dan, was to give me a ride in it when completed and go to a car show together!! Dan used to build cars at a kit car company called ERA. He will be a great addition to the Manta car family. I have many pictures of the car during its final preparation for the move. Hope to share on the site soon. Thanks Dan once again.