Thread: Mirage for sale

Rookie Member

Mirage for sale

In my quest to still find a Mirage for sale I found this:
    https://www.volocars.com/auto-sales/...5-manta-mirage
    Not interested so if anybody wants a way overpriced Mirage, you’re welcome. Lol.

Rookie Member

Rookie Member
    Either they over payed for the car from the previous owner or they are trying to make a killing on it. Unfortunately in this market they may eventually get it.

Rookie Member
    Can’t believe nobody here has bought this one yet!

Rookie Member
    I have been looking for a Mirage or Montage for quite a while now. Currently I have a 2005 Lotus Elise and would like to trade it. My problem though is that I'm very concerned about the corvair transaxle and the beetle front end. Based on what I've read it looks to me like addressing those is a very costly thing to do. IF I could find one with a different transaxle like a ZF or Porsche Boxster then I would probably jump on it if a trade of some sort could happen. Meanwhile been looking to do this for like 5 years with no luck.

The Boxster S it a lot more affordable than a 930, or more so, the ZF, but it still presents issues with engine height, etc. The front end change to, for example, a Mustang II/Pinto front end would be much more affordable than the transaxle costs.

Even though this example on this string is probably one of the best I've seen, I can't imagine it going for much more that 20-25K. These cars have a following, but not from folks that can spend a lot more, on a different kit/build/car than a Manta project. I could sort of see this amount of money going toward the Montage, or similar, but the Manta...not so much.

Rookie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueovalz View Post
    The Boxster S it a lot more affordable than a 930, or more so, the ZF, but it still presents issues with engine height, etc. The front end change to, for example, a Mustang II/Pinto front end would be much more affordable than the transaxle costs.

Even though this example on this string is probably one of the best I've seen, I can't imagine it going for much more that 20-25K. These cars have a following, but not from folks that can spend a lot more, on a different kit/build/car than a Manta project. I could sort of see this amount of money going toward the Montage, or similar, but the Manta...not so much.
    Yeah the price seems a bit steep - if it had the transaxle done already it would be tempting. So I gather that the Montage's are worth more $ than the Manta's? Naturally I like the Montage better -- but again same problem - can't find one that is setup the way I want for sale. At one point I was talking to a guy in California that had a Manta with a ZF 5 speed and Mustang II front suspension. I probably should of traded with him when I had the chance.

For me only, the Montage would be worth more, but only because I could do to it, what I did with my Mirage, but for a lot less effort and money. Ultimately, is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.