Thread: seating problems

Rookie Member

seating problems

I think that I'm in pretty good shape for a 77 yo, nonetheless, l'm 6' tall and have another issue due to the fact that I had a prostatectomy about 11 years ago, I won't go into that here. All this to say that I'm working on an elevator seat for my Montage. I've started with a motorcycle scissor jack but need a 12v gear reduction motor to raise and lower it. This is where I need some help. Has anyone else tried anything like this? Do you have some expertise in motors that would help?

There are plenty of motors out there, but I'm having trouble identifying which one that would work for me. On the output side I think that it should turn around 50 rpm's, maybe a little more. It will need to lift about 200 lbs. If anyone has any experience with these type motors and think that you can help, I would be most grateful. Thank you in advance for looking. Tom

I've owned a Mirage and on a good day it is not easy to get in and out of. Hope you can sort something out.

Rookie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulley View Post
    I've owned a Mirage and on a good day it is not easy to get in and out of. Hope you can sort something out.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm working at it and have a plan, no real way to test it though til it's all installed. I'll just keep my fingers crossed. TC