Quote Originally Posted by Ken Walsh View Post
General update. I'm largely done with most of my "new home chores" (last 2+ years worth....) related to my relocation from Colorado to the Florida Panhandle in mid-2011......

I hope to get back into serious work on my Manta.... to include revamping my engine management system. I had bought an Electromotive TEC II system ages ago--and it is programmed via an RS-232 port with UNUSUAL signal (voltage) levels. The TEC II still works, but no recent PCs (Windows XP, 7, 8, etc) with RS-232 ports can talk to it(!)--therefore, no tuning possible. Talk about a useless hunk of once-good technology. Electromotive is willing to give me a "good deal" on a later TEC....for only about $1,600. Ouch.... OUCH! I've started a search for another (not Electromotive brand) EFI controller, but all prices are not inexpensive, these days.....

'Might as well revamp the entire EFI system, turbos, and headers if I go that route. Hobbies aren't always cheap, ya know....
That's the world we live in today. My floppies that had a lot of my early mid-engine design and notes...worthless now. The Holley HP system I'm using will probably always be a good system, but unless I keep this computer forever, I may eventually not have an interface that allows me to maintain it. Designed obsolescence.