Thread: Mirage (M8 visual replica) bodywork update

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mirage (M8 visual replica) bodywork update

Finishing up some minor detailing for this spring's/summer's paint target date. This winter has been dedicated to all the nagging mechanical tweaks that I want resolved before I take this to Cresson TX for some testing. The especially contentious dry-sump oil leaking has finally been resolved (errors on my part), and trying to figure out the side mirror fab and install. I took the car out for a 20 minute drive yesterday (high 60's here), and am extremely satisfied with the feel of the car after putting the sway bars on it. it has a whole new feel about it, but I may need to soften up the rear a little more (3/4" rear and 15/16" front). I braced the roll hoop as well, and will spray a little sealer on the rear before headed to TX simply to keep any oil residue off the current surface for paint preparation purposes. With the warmer weekends lately, I've been able to break out the paint gun again and take care of the roll hoop and brace that attaches to the motor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Side view 1.JPG   Side quarter rear view 1.jpg   rear quarter 1.jpg   Rear 2.jpg  
    Last edited by Blueovalz; 02-11-2015 at 09:49 AM.