So I figured I might as well cross post my build log on here as well as my site. That gives everyone a lot easier way to follow and for feedback/questions. Right now the car is mostly sitting around waiting for me to get time to finish it. I hopefully soon will be able to work on it regularly and I will post it here anytime I make a post.

For those that never have seen my website this car has had a long and crazy history. It was the factory prototype car serial #1. It never had a serial tag though and I never bothered trying to prove what number it was since I never planned on restoring it. When I first got the car I mostly just got it working as-is. I had a 1500cc bug engine and the whole bug floor pan setup. It was horribly slow and rode terrible. The engine I had was sick and I had no interest in even trying to improve that setup. At the time I was driving it I happened to get a 76 Eldorado and decided the Manta needed to have the largest engine ever made. That and more nitrous than anyone would ever need dumped into the motor. The car was absolutely terrifying to drive. It would pull a wheelie anytime it got into the power hard. Last time I drove it I killed the trans pulling a wheelie at near the top speed of the car, prob somewhere around 200(engine redlined at 220) The trans is the lowest and farthest back part so it would drag the pan on the ground before anything else hit. The trans pan lost the back inch or so of the pan and dumped all the fluid and basically gave up working. After dragging it home I decided I didn't want to drive it anymore.

So it sat around for years before I decided I didn't care if it was the fastest car in the world. I wanted a really nice car that was fun to drive, reliable, and comfortable as a daily driver. I knew from my last build that using parts from all over the place is a nightmare when trying to fix something since the parts could have came from anywhere and I had no idea what part to get to fix it. It was typically faster to just rebuild whatever it was with a different car's part than trying to find a replacement. So this car was going to be one car as much as possible. I have always thought the Suzuki Swift/Geo Metro was a really fun car to drive and I have several laying around since they are so cheap. So I decided the car needed to be a Geo Metro. This has worked out great and for the most part everything is fitting together without a huge amount of fighting. The only non Metro parts are the front suspension and rotors. The rest of the car is completely a 94 Geo Metro and is very easy to get parts anywhere.

So if anyone wants a detailed history of the car go look on mantaproject.com I have a pretty detailed log of building stuff. I won't bother reposting it here and cluttering up the thread with old stuff.